2/19/2012

Questions! From the WorkPlay Theater, Birmingham, AL.


"Languishing in rooms I built to foul you in" refers to the Winchester Mystery House, in which the widow of the Winchester rifle tycoon built rooms, staircases to nowhere, and superfluous corridors on her mansion until the day she died, as a means of thwarting the many ghosts of those killed by Winchester rifles, whom she was certain were coming for her. Connection to walking-around-in-circles is hopefully self-explanatory; the direct meaning is that I attempted to elude a toxic person, rather than stand and deal.



I hear what you're saying, and your rap is strong.



Couldn't tell you; meant that rhetorically.


Again, rhetorical question. I am glad you remember lyrics from a song I wrote.




The pseudonyms I came up were shitty. (the admonishments of my publishers' lawyer were also indeed a factor)



I would say that it's not nature, or nurture, alone, but both nature and nurture.


She would be really, really bummed out if I revealed that. She was extremely uptight about being in the book. I certainly can't blame her for that.