2/18/2012

Questions! From New Orleans, 11 February 2012.


I don't believe so. But, it seems inevitable, doesn't it?



One of the great pleasures of my life is when people say Soul Coughing lyrics AT me.



I don't know if there are any takers. I don't know any A-list celebrities, but I assure you, I would ask if I did. Sidebar: who maintains the letter-echelon rankings, and what's the algorithm they use?



Alas, no. I'm girlfriended quite thoroughly.



Asked the girlf if she had any funny comments in response. She suggested a joke involving a Sriracha bottle. Should I be bothered that she didn't just say MASSIVE?



Inform them, politely but firmly, that circumstances may call for a side-trip to Baltimore.



The unsingable girl.



I suggest that those nations in fiduciary crisis observe Matt Saldivar's First Law of Rocking, which is: "Don't stop rocking."



I can't imagine the sum that'd make it worthwhile for me. Love what I'm doing now, wouldn't want to distract from it, and doing something by rote, just for money = a shitty job. I'd rather play songs I love and believe in, in humbler contexts.



The only C Kasem dedications I can recall are, a) "Ponderous, fucking ponderous!" and, b) "These guys are from England and who gives a shit?!" However, in my own rustic, non-Kasem manner, I dedicate Trm Brntts to Lori, ex post facto.


Sure. Wow, I remember the cancellation of that gig. So surreal and frightening.



I don't think I'd actually do it, even if it were a "freelapse". Love my life right now, and I'm just not interested in a side-trip. I know that sounds cornily implausible, but I'm sincere.



I get a lot of requests to play weddings, actually. I'm not opposed to playing them, but it's very, very expensive. Also, I won't do anything like facilitate a toast or something similarly ceremonial. It's awkward to be in the situation; hence, large bucks.



I AM A FAT BABY




Hideous, dreadful. I do think, though, that many of us recovering addicts view people that die due to drug use or drunkenness as something along the lines of succumbing to cancer. It's horrible, but it's so, so rare to survive it. We empathize so deeply.