2/17/2012

Questions! From the Social, Orlando, FL.


It's a sample of a radio preacher named the Reverend Izear, which I got off the WFMU blog. I did some weird things to it in Ableton, I don't quite recall what. Sped it up for sure, but I don't recall the method I used. I heart Ableton. The Reverend Izear's message was dig-Jesus, send-money.


I do. Many years back he AOL instant-messaged me, and I freaked out on him, accusing him of being an impostor. Sure, I'd love to do stuff with Ben.



You are correct. 1970.




Dig 'em!



"Lisa/Lucy" It was about couples that look alike (obviously fictionalized) Though not all Asian women are willowy and longhaired, and thus I didn't intend it as a race reference, I felt slightly skeevy about it. I would've written it about my friend Larry and his boyf Curtis, who are also identical, but they don't have the perfect storm of alliteration that L.L. and L.L. do. I got rid of those bridges to make room for more mmm-yeahs. I like the arrangement on Golden Delicious better, but I think the Rockity Roll recording is better and rawer.



My experiences as a Webelo.



Oh. Jeez. No. Nothing you haven't heard of already, I'm sure. I'm not a hater or anything, I just don't really watch anything but jail shows on MSBC. I loved all the talking-head-pop-culture-commentary-and-analysis shows on VH1, too, but they appear to have stopped making them. That's an acronym for "Video Hits One", for the uninitiated. 



This being ex-post-facto, as you know, I didn't. Had to drive.